[Scribus] Again with a Newbie Question

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Mon Jan 3 01:18:34 CET 2005

steve wrote:

>On Friday 31 December 2004 12:00, Martin Costabel wrote:
>

>>E.Bond Francisco wrote:
>>

>>>So my newbie question is, now that I've got Scribus installed, how do I
>>>get it running?
>>>

>>On your level of newbie-ness :-) I would suggest that you type
>>
>>   open-x11 scribus
>>

>Nope. I tried that and it doesn't work so that's bad advice for him.

Correct. One way is to start Apple X11 (look in
/Applications/Utilities). Then, in the terminal that opens, type in
'/sw/bin/scribus &'; OR menu: Applications/Customize... and edit one of
the blank lines with Name: Scribus, Command: /sw/bin/scribus

Better, yet, he can get AquaScribus and open scribus the "Mac way". Go
to http://www.wordtech-software.com/aquascribus.html and download the
launcher. This will first launch X11 and then Scribus. It will also
associate scribus files with the launcher so double-clicking a .sla file
will launch and open in Scribus.

--
__
Faster than a speeding slug!