[Scribus] OpenOffice importer working ??

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Feb 25 03:11:40 CET 2005

Bob Horvath wrote:

> BTW, I love scribus.  I seek out reasons to use it.

This could be a Wiki topic -- stupid reasons we use Scribus.
My stupid reason is for making envelopes.  It turns out that setting up
a file for my Photosmart printer, then editing it with Story Editor, is
about as fast as anything else I can use for rapidly making an
envelope.  I gave up trying to get oowriter to print an envelope in my
Photosmart correctly (maybe they fixed this in more recent versions, but
after using Scribus I don't see the need to figure this out again).
I probably would use Scribus for Post-it notes if I could keep them from
sticking inside the printer.

Greg