[Scribus] OpenOffice importer working ??

Bob Horvath bob
Tue Feb 22 05:50:33 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Monday 21 February 2005 08:11, Bob Horvath wrote:
>

>>Is there an easy way to import table oriented data?
>>
>>My method so far has been to create a PDF and bring it into scribus as
>>an image. That works fairly well but sometimes looks funny.  I am
>>currently working on a newsletter that will have some tabular budget
>>data in it.  What is the best way to do that kind of thing?
>>

>Do as you have been for now, make sure you are exporting at a decent dpi
>level, 1200 minimum from OO.org

By this, I assume you mean to use the "Print Optimized" or "Press
Optimized" options on the "Export as PDF" from within OOo?

>>Oh, I should mention I have tried the table facility, and it seems to be
>>pretty difficult to work with, but ok for very small tables.  I am
>>really more interested in being able to import decent tables.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>

>Other than the above, we just need a new table editor..

I suppose.  If OOo tables were imported easily, that would work for me.

BTW, I love scribus.  I seek out reasons to use it.  I seems to be at a
point in open source projects where it really takes off. I can't wait to
see it.