[Scribus] Re: Scribus crashes with sig 6 when closing

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Feb 22 03:23:08 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:57 +1100, Peter Zweck wrote:
> Hi Craig
>
> >When I close down Scribus it reports a crash due to signal #6. Could
> >this account for the trouble I have had getting Scribus to save some
> >user preferences (such as autosave)?

[snip]

Thanks for that information, it's very helpful.

> Looks like a problem with my Python somewhere?

Yes, or there's a problem with the script plugin that's somehow being
triggered by something in the the package or distro.

The fact that it crashes where it does suggests that we might not be
catching an exception somewhere, probably in the module setup code. I'll
look into that. However, the fact that Python can't find the 'site'
module indicates that your Python install may be *badly* broken.

If you run 'python' from the command line, does it go to an interpreter
prompt without complaint?

If you don't use Scribus's scripting, you might be able to get away with
just removing the scripter module - it's a plug-in. Since there's no
plug-in manager in 1.2.x you'd need to actually delete the file or move
it aside. It should be 'libscriptplugin.so.*' - to find out where it is
on your system, you can use:

	rpm -ql scribus | grep libscriptplugin

(assuming your package is just named "scribus") or:

	locate libscriptplugin

It would be helpful to figure out what's going wrong here though, so
that if there's a bug in Scribus it can be fixed.

--
Craig Ringer