[Scribus] Re: Scribus crashes with sig 6 when closing

Peter Zweck pete
Tue Feb 22 01:57:32 CET 2005

Hi Craig

>When I close down Scribus it reports a crash due to signal #6. Could
>this account for the trouble I have had getting Scribus to save some
>user preferences (such as autosave)?

Here are the messages from the command line when starting scribus, after
the line is messages when closing scribus:

    [root at phobos /]# scribus
    Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
    Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
    Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
    Failed to set default encoding to utf-8.

    Failed to import warnings module. Something is probably broken with
your Python.

    Exception exceptions.ImportError: 'No module named warnings' in
'garbage collection' ignored
    Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection
    Calling Emergency Save

And the output from gdb:

    [Switching to Thread 1088701600 (LWP 516)]
    0xffffe410 in ?? ()

Output from bt:

    #0  0xffffe410 in ?? ()
    #1  0xbfffed1c in ?? ()
    #2  0x00000006 in ?? ()
    #3  0x00000204 in ?? ()
    #4  0x40d2b805 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #5  0x40d2d1e9 in abort () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
    #6  0x41314e46 in Py_FatalError () from /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0

Looks like a problem with my Python somewhere?
I have updated to python-2.3.4-6.1.101mdk but that didn't make any
difference.

Cheers,
Peter