[Scribus] broken underlines w/ kerning

Steve deRosier stevepub
Mon Feb 21 20:58:21 CET 2005

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Steve deRosier a ?crit :
>
>> I have a piece of text with the following properties (set via story
>> editor):
>> font: Bitstream Vera Sans Bold
>> size: 72 pt
>> underline
>> kerning: 15 pt.
>>
>> When viewed in scribus, the underline is solid, but when printed it is
>> broken as if the underline is solid under each letter, but there is
>> 15pts of white between each section of underline.  How do I make
>> underline the entire word without breaking the underline?
>

> One quick workaround I can think of right now is don't use the underline
> command.
> Draw a line under your line of type, instead.
> You will have total control on thickness, length, color, offset.

True, which is what I ended up doing... but this won't end up tracking changes in the text if I make any.  I think more to the point... is this "normal" for DTP apps (sorry, I'm a bit new to this sort of stuff), am I missing some obvious setting, or is this really a problem that should be logged as a bug and fixed?

- Steve