[Scribus] CMYK -> RGB strikes again

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Mon Feb 21 08:37:57 CET 2005

Hi David,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:11:31AM +1030, David Purton wrote:

> > I've put up a web page describing my CMYK-RGB issues and illustrating
> > them with pictures.
> >
> > Anybody with hands-on CMYK experience, please have a look at
> >
> >   http://www.tisc.de/cmyktest/
> >
> > It all boils down to "how do I convert sRGB images to CMYK correctly?".
>
> You can try using my patch for Scribus 1.2.1. (unless you already have)

I already patched my 1.2.2cvs (some two weeks old) with your patch - the
files on the page were created with this version.

> You should be right to leave you image in sRGB when you drop it into
> scribus. Select your ISOCoated as the output profile and it will
> correctly convert when you export to PDF.

Actually, I tried exporting to (Printer-)PDF with and without Color
Management - I got exactly the same files.

> Also, don't attempt to resample your images on the pdf export as this is
> currently broken (for cmyk output). Resample before putting in Scribus.

Good to know.

What I found strange is that the CMYK pictures looked very awful in
Scribus after I applied your patch. Something seems to be wrong in my
sRGB->CMYK conversion!

Bye, Tino.