[Scribus] CMYK -> RGB strikes again

David Purton dcpurton
Sun Feb 20 23:41:31 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 05:27:34PM +0100, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've put up a web page describing my CMYK-RGB issues and illustrating
> them with pictures.
>
> Anybody with hands-on CMYK experience, please have a look at
>
>   http://www.tisc.de/cmyktest/
>
> It all boils down to "how do I convert sRGB images to CMYK correctly?".

You can try using my patch for Scribus 1.2.1. (unless you already have)

http://marshwiggle.net/scribus/

You should be right to leave you image in sRGB when you drop it into
scribus. Select your ISOCoated as the output profile and it will
correctly convert when you export to PDF.

It doesn't work yet on big endian machines, but this is coming.

Also, don't attempt to resample your images on the pdf export as this is
currently broken (for cmyk output). Resample before putting in Scribus.

(This patch is a work in progress, and you will need to wait for 1.3 for
built in support in Scribus)

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a