[Scribus] Complex Script Languages

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Feb 18 00:57:26 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 17:23, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi Scribus Team,
>
> I want to warmly say today's announcement about Complex Script
> Languages support is a formidable step ahead for Scribus and its
> users. It truly shows what can be accomplished in an open source,
> open minded environment and I think this has to be touted loud! By
> what I understand of what's involved under the hood, it's a *lot*
> of work. The resulting application compares to nothing else in the
> proprietary world and although comparisons is not the main purpose
> here, I think it's worth saying it anyway. This means the *whole*
> planet will be able to use a *very* good DTP app soon. This alone
> makes a lot more people closer together.
>
>  From my part, it deserves a standing ovation!
>
> Louis

Hi,

For those who have not visited www.scribus.net recently. You might
want to have a quick look on the front page story.

On a complimentary note, over the New Year's meet with Craig, Franz
and our families, we got Franz to demo Scribus 0.1alpha and Scribus
0.2

You can visit http://www.scribus.org.uk/gallery/scribus0.2.html