[Scribus] Better quality PDF or catenate them?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Feb 17 11:07:03 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 10:46, Eilert wrote:
> As I explained earlier, importing of PDF pages into a picture frame in
> Scribus turned out rather ugly. Either I'm doing something wrong or
> Scribus just imports them so. So I'd be happy about any comments.

Scribus uses ghostscript to rasterise your PDFs. Using a print or press level
PDF from OpenOffice.org Writer should be fine. From memory that setting is
1200dpi and I have used this option numerous times to bring in large tables
or financial reports I have received in Word format. The output on the final
print job (a magazine) was superb.

> Another idea was to make single PDFs and catenate them. Is there a tool
> which could achieve this? What I need seems rather simple: take a pdf
> with page 1 and another with page 2 and glue them together to make it a
> 2-page pdf.

A tip: Exporting from Scribus, or printing for that matter, can have the exact
page order specified, eg, 4,3,1,2 which would be a common order for basic
imposition of a 4 page document into a double sided facing page document.

Craig