[Scribus] I'm looking for a Portable Document Format (not PDF)

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Feb 17 03:17:23 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 11:19 -0600, Steve Herrick wrote:

> This could be the advent of XML as a common web format. It makes my
> head swim, imagining what that could mean.

Personally, I think it already is - XHTML with CSS. Look at how long
that's taken to get wide client support. I'm not convinced that anything
like an OO.o doc viewer will make headway as a serious content provder
for the web (or that it'll be much better than PDF/MS Word docs linked
from websites), but I certainly think it'd be very nice to have.

--
Craig Ringer