[Scribus] I'm looking for a Portable Document Format (not PDF)

Steve Herrick estebandido
Wed Feb 16 14:06:59 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:04:04 -0600, Frank Cox
<melville.theatre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:24:04 +0000, Nik <scribus at babel.homelinux.net> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a format that fits the
> > requirements I've described, or could be made to?
>
> OpenOffice?  It has a fully-documented format and is cross-platform already.

This is what I was going to say. It's XML-based, and well-documented.

Also, I've been talking to Phil Hughes, and he has someone who wants
to write an OOo reader for Mozilla. I reflected on that thought for a
while, and the more I did, the more amazed I was at the implications
and possibilities.

Steve
--
Yes, as through this world I've wandered
I've seen lots of funny men;

-Woody Guthrie