[Scribus] basic question

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Wed Feb 16 01:39:38 CET 2005

>I give up! I've tried everything from yrs of using DTP programs & even
>looked at the online manual, but can't find an answer to a simple
>question. How does one flow text around a picture? Probably the most
>used simple DTP set up.

Hi Gracia,

Select the picture frame, go to Properties>Shape and check the
Runaround option.
As of right now, Scribus doesn't allow you to determine the amount of
space between the pic and the text. No problem.

One easy workaround is to add an extra text or picture frame
underneath the picture frame that really holds the picture and offset
it by the amount you need. Of course, don't forget to set *this*
frame to runaround...

To determine what object is on top, use the arrows at the bottom of
Properties>X, Y, Z. The stack order is user definable. :)

HTH

:)

Louis