[Scribus] Open Clip Art extension

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Feb 15 19:30:54 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 03:15 +0100, scribus at gubba.org wrote:
>

>>I just created a clip art browser in a dockwindow. It accesses the clip art
>>library from openclipart.org. So it is not necessary to have all files on the
>>harddisk.
>>

>Cool. _extremely_ cool, in fact. Wow. Any chance we'll be able to put
>that up on the website or include it in the samples later?
>

>>Unfortunately I didn't find a way to import a SVG-file with Scripter.
>>LoadImage() does not seem to support SVGs. Is there any other way to make it
>>working?
>>

>That's not currently supported, but I'd like get it working at some
>point. It's going to be somewhat tricky, because SVG import is a plugin
>that's loaded dynamically at runtime, so one can't rely on some (eg)
>'svgLoadImage' function to be present.
>
>It doesn't work through loadImage() because the vector import plugins do
>their own thing independent of raster image frames and the image format
>code.

And speaking of this, aside from the desirability of being able to script SVG's into Scribus, I think it would be nice to be able to resize/scale SVG's inside of Scribus much in the way that you can with image frames. I realize that what's going on under the hood/bonnet might be quite different, but the user interface could be more similar.

Greg