[Scribus] Open Clip Art extension

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Feb 15 06:51:47 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 03:15 +0100, scribus at gubba.org wrote:

> I just created a clip art browser in a dockwindow. It accesses the clip art
> library from openclipart.org. So it is not necessary to have all files on the
> harddisk.

Cool. _extremely_ cool, in fact. Wow. Any chance we'll be able to put
that up on the website or include it in the samples later?

> Unfortunately I didn't find a way to import a SVG-file with Scripter.
> LoadImage() does not seem to support SVGs. Is there any other way to make it
> working?

That's not currently supported, but I'd like get it working at some
point. It's going to be somewhat tricky, because SVG import is a plugin
that's loaded dynamically at runtime, so one can't rely on some (eg)
'svgLoadImage' function to be present.

It doesn't work through loadImage() because the vector import plugins do
their own thing independent of raster image frames and the image format
code.

Petr got EPS export working from scripter in 1.3, which I think is very
cool, so it can evidently be done. I'm going to try to find a way to
provide a generic import interface for the scripter, though, so there's
no need to hand code functions for each importer.

--
Craig Ringer