[Scribus] CMYK Handling

David Purton dcpurton
Thu Feb 10 00:04:36 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:50:40PM +0100, Samudra Reiher wrote:
> David Purton wrote:
>
> >Hang out for a little longer. I'll upload a patch that will let you do
> >this tonight.
> >
> >The CMYK tiff anyway.
>
> Good to hear that, I hope your patch will work also under freebsd.

We shall see. I'm willing to try and fix things if it doesn't.

You can try it with just solid colour support already:

http://marshwiggle.net/scribus/

> >Scribus uses gs to rasterise pdfs to RGB when you include them. This is
> >non-trivial to change.
>
> Yep, i've seen this in sourcecode. If you need some help just ask :-)

I'm not a core dev, but It would be sensational if placed pdf and eps
would go through unchanged into pdf export. At present the only
combination that works is eps in postscript export. I am not a big
enough guru in pdf to be able to do this. It seems like it would be
difficult because of font embedding issues, colour models, pdf x/3
standard, etc. It would seem like you would almost need to be able to
pass the pdf and reoutput it with any necessary changes. *shrug*

Although prabably gs could be used to go from pdf to eps and include
that in the postscript export.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a