[Scribus] Questions from a newbie

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Tue Feb 8 09:48:35 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:36:32 +0200 (SAST), telkomsa3036 at telkomsa.net
<telkomsa3036 at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> If running Scribus from a Live CD is a feasible proposition, is there any
> CD version I should prefer?

I have no idea about a "Live CD", but installing Scribus from an RPM
is simple on a RedHat-based real Linux installation.  Even compiling
from source is a nothing-to-it proposition on Fedora Core 3.
Configure, compile, install, done deal.  Start composing.

> Reading the online handbook's target usage list, I find newsletters listed
> but not small newspapers, and wonder whether it is designed to handle,
> say, a 12 to 24-page tabloid?

Friends (and clients) of mine create a 40--page newspaper, a 28-page
newspaper, and a 2-page "coffee chat paper".  Every week, on Monday,
Wednesday, and Friday.  Using Scribus.  The 40-page paper is printed
on a Heidelberg web press.  The other papers are printed on 4
Risographs.

Does that answer your question?