[Scribus] Scribus and Windows - again?

Steven Boothe steven
Mon Feb 7 18:43:35 CET 2005

Plinnell wrote:
> On Sunday 30 January 2005 14:44, Andreas Speck at home wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>~  I know Scribus and Windows seems to be a dead issue, but I still feel
>>it would be good to have more than just the Cygwin version...
> A true native port to Windows would require a thorough knowledge of Scribus
> code and Qt on windows, as well as knowledge of Windows fonts and printing
> systems.
>
> Its developer constraints which prevent us spending much time on a port at the
> moment.
>
> Peter

Well at seems at least the task may have just got a bit more accessable
for any developers that come along with the time and or interest when
QT4 comes along:

Trolltech to Extend Dual Licensing to Qt for Windows

Qt cross-platform development software will be available under the open
source GPL license for open source development and a commercial license
for commercial development
PALO ALTO, Calif. - February 07 2005

Trolltech?, a provider of leading application development software,
today announced that it will extend its successful dual-licensing
business model to include the Qt? cross-platform application development
framework for the Microsoft Windows operating system. The availability
of Qt for Windows under the open source GNU General Public License (GPL)
will bring the benefits of open source software to the Windows
environment, fueling the development of open source applications for the
mainstream PC market.
http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html