[Scribus] ISO page sizes

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Feb 5 02:54:32 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Friday 04 February 2005 17:31, Craig Bradney wrote:

>>>We should make the program usable by people who aren't professional DTP
>>>people and know only the meter and its power of 10 multiples as units of
>>>length. See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/metric-typo/ for more details.
>>>

>>You already can.. I used Scribus in mm myself. Change the default unit! The
>>fact that there is a conversion issue is a TOTALLY different issue.
>>

>Sorry.. USE.. all the time.. that makes 10 issues of, on average, a 28 page
>magazine, plus business cards, pocket calendars, birthday cards, etc etc..
>ALL in MM..
>
>Craig

It seems to me that unless you can get standard font sizes changed to
mm, then it makes little sense to have everything else internally in mm.
I would think that points came about as part of an effort to have a unit
small enough to measure useful font sizes in whole numbers.
I like using Scribus with either pts or mm for the same reason -- you
get to work with whole numbers more often.

Greg