[Scribus] Re-flowing text frames

Peter Linnell mrdocs
Fri Feb 4 23:26:35 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 00:11, David wrote:

> Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > There is no need to unlink the text frames before deleting the page.
> > Simply delete the page and the text will continue to flow as if this
> > page has never existed.
>
> Thank you for your help, Louis. I will try it next time again. I wanted
> to do it your way in the beginning, but Scribus crashed.
>
> I have one more question. I want to prepare a several hundred pages
> document with lots of illustrations. It would be convenient for me to
> split it into smaller parts and work with them separately.

Highly recommended. Splitting by chapters works well from my experience.

You can then assemble the whole document by importing the pages from each
separate chapter file.

> Only at the
> end would I assemble them into one document. But still, I want any
> change in paragraph style or template page to propagate to all
> subdocuments.
>
> Can I do it?

Yes,

It won't propagate automatically, but you can create a new style or template
page and use the 'append' function to bring them in to the other documents.
Colors too.