[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Sol10 continued

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Feb 2 21:57:02 CET 2005

Rainer Heilke wrote:

> Rainer Heilke wrote:
>
>> Craig Ringer wrote:

>>> Also, I note this in your previous post on the topic: "I tried tar'ing
>>> up the tree, copying it to the Solaris system, and building there, but
>>> it keeps failing.". Is there any chance you can do a clean checkout on
>>> the Solaris box, or 'make distclean', to see if that helps? I can't
>>> really imagine how, but ... well, it's worth a try.
>>

>> The make failed at the exact same spot, same error.
>

> I've done a clean cvs on the Solaris system, and did the make -f
> Makefile.cvs. This finished, but had an error part-way through. I'm
> not sure, but this may help point to something (I'm trying a build
> anyway). The error was:
>
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition
> of AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
>  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>  or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
> /usr/local/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition
> of AM_PATH_WXCONFIG
> *** Creating configure

I would also say the same thing as Peter -- I get this message all the
time on one of my machines and it doesn't affect the build at all.
This is not a failure.  I think it has something to do with the
particular environment on your machine that aclocal is looking at and
totally unrelated and unimportant to Scribus.

Greg