[Scribus] PDF export turns pictures pale

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Wed Feb 2 12:14:42 CET 2005

Hi David,

David Purton schrieb:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 08:24:48AM +0100, Eilert wrote:
>
>>The other day I exported some pages to PDF. There were 3 photos on the
>>pages, and as I wanted them to come out as good as possible, I turned
>>the choice to "maximum" quality.
>>
>>Much to my surprise, the photos became rather pale then, i. e. contrast
>>was week, no dark colours (gamma setting?). Choosing a poorer quality
>>let the pictures appear right again.
>>

> By poorer quality, perhaps you mean selecting "screen/web" as opposed to
> "printer" when creating the PDF?
>
> Is this the case?

No, I switched it to "Printer". Yes, you're right, it didn't really
matter for my work, and I misunderstood its meaning :-)

Ok, when trying with a lower quality I might have switched it back to
"web/screen", but I don't remember. I'll check that again.

> Thinking the difference between screen/web and printer is in quality
> seems to be a common mistake people make. Perhaps Scribus should look at
> renaming these options?

Seems to be a good idea :-)

> The difference between screen/web and printer, is not in quality, but in
> colour model. screen/web will produce an RGB colour based PDF, while
> printer will produce a CMYK colour based PDF.

Thanks for the tip.

Rolf