[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Sol10 continued

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Tue Feb 1 07:39:39 CET 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 19:19 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>

>>sxwim.cpp: In constructor `SxwIm::SxwIm(QString, gtWriter*, bool)':
>>sxwim.cpp:80: error: parse error before numeric constant
>>sxwim.cpp:81: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
>>sxwim.cpp:82: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
>>sxwim.cpp:83: error: type `int' argument given to `delete', expected pointer
>>

>That looks like this bit of code:
>
>77    filename = fileName;
>78    writer = w;
>79    writer->setUpdateParagraphStyles(update);
>80    SxwUnzip* sun = new SxwUnzip(fileName);
>81    stylePath   = sun->getFile(STYLE);
>82    contentPath = sun->getFile(CONTENT);
>83    delete sun;
>
>I'd say the complaints about 'not a pointer' are spurious, caused by the
>parse error. gcc is well known for spewing totally wrong gibberish after
>hitting a parse error. So what's probably happening is that it's not
>understanding the declaration on line 80 and the rest is gibberish.
>
>It'd be helpful to know what gcc version you're using, the exact date of
>your source checkout, your Qt version, and any other important details.
>
>Also, I note this in your previous post on the topic: "I tried tar'ing
>up the tree, copying it to the Solaris system, and building there, but
>it keeps failing.". Is there any chance you can do a clean checkout on
>the Solaris box, or 'make distclean', to see if that helps? I can't
>really imagine how, but ... well, it's worth a try.
>
>By the way, I plan to grab Solaris 10 for x86 soon, and I expect I'll be
>playing around with Scribus on it a bit.

That it is (may be) GCC wouldn't surprise me too much--it's
been...odd...before.

The Scribus CVS is from the 26th; the previous was a couple days or so
earlier. I'm using qt-x11-free-3.3.2 and GCC 3.3.2 (from
www.sunfreeware.com).  I just did a make distclean, and am running the
./configure. I doubt I'll know the results of the make until the
morning--way past beddie-bye. :-)

Solaris 10 just went to GA (General Availability). I've started slurping
down the ISO's.

I'll try to let you know the status of the make in the morning. Thanks. :-)

Rainer