[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Sol10 continued

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Feb 1 06:10:41 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 19:19 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:

> sxwim.cpp: In constructor `SxwIm::SxwIm(QString, gtWriter*, bool)':
> sxwim.cpp:80: error: parse error before numeric constant
> sxwim.cpp:81: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
> sxwim.cpp:82: error: base operand of `->' is not a pointer
> sxwim.cpp:83: error: type `int' argument given to `delete', expected pointer

That looks like this bit of code:

77    filename = fileName;
78    writer = w;
79    writer->setUpdateParagraphStyles(update);
80    SxwUnzip* sun = new SxwUnzip(fileName);
81    stylePath   = sun->getFile(STYLE);
82    contentPath = sun->getFile(CONTENT);
83    delete sun;

I'd say the complaints about 'not a pointer' are spurious, caused by the
parse error. gcc is well known for spewing totally wrong gibberish after
hitting a parse error. So what's probably happening is that it's not
understanding the declaration on line 80 and the rest is gibberish.

It'd be helpful to know what gcc version you're using, the exact date of
your source checkout, your Qt version, and any other important details.

Also, I note this in your previous post on the topic: "I tried tar'ing
up the tree, copying it to the Solaris system, and building there, but
it keeps failing.". Is there any chance you can do a clean checkout on
the Solaris box, or 'make distclean', to see if that helps? I can't
really imagine how, but ... well, it's worth a try.

By the way, I plan to grab Solaris 10 for x86 soon, and I expect I'll be
playing around with Scribus on it a bit.

--
Craig Ringer