[Scribus] Missing preferences dialog in 1.2.3 (SuSE 10.0)

Peter Linnell mrdocs
Fri Dec 30 17:49:46 CET 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 11:37, Mike Carra/Ruth Hendrick wrote:
> Hi -
> We are transitioning from Win2K/InDesign to Linux/Scribus and have hit a
> couple of problems, the most serious being a missing Settings->preferences
> dialog - nothing happens when it's clicked, although the other selections
> under Settings work.  Starting Scribus from a terminal window gives a
> "Plug-in not found" message when Settings->preferences is clicked.  What
> plug-in am I missing, and where do I look for it?
>
> Background: We have two installations (both doing the same thing) - one is
> a dual-boot Win2K/Suse 10.0 with 10.0 applied as an upgrade over 9.1, the
> other a new machine being set us as a dual-boot Win2K/Suse 10.0 - Suse was
> installed fresh from DVD.  The original Scribus install was 1.2.2.1 from
> the Suse DVD, but was removed (via Yast) and Peter's pre-compiled rpm of
> 1.2.3 for Suse 10.0 installed via rpm.  This was done to fix a no-print, no
> pdf output problem previously discussed in the mailing lists.  Help->about
> gives Scribus 1.2.3, 12 September 2005, C-C-T.
>
> BTW, I haven't been able to find a Scribus log file in /var/log or /usr/ -
> am I missing the obvious?  I'm relatively new to Linux, so you might have
> to be explicit.

Any output would be in the terminal or your .xsession-errors log under the
current home directory.

Which machine has the no preferences issue ? the upgraded one or the done
installed from DVD ?

After the new years is over we will be releasing 1.2.4 and certainly I will
have Suse 10.0 rpms available.

Cheers,
Peter