[Scribus] Clipping paths

Thomas R. Koll tomk32
Fri Dec 30 12:32:27 CET 2005

Am 30.12.2005 um 11:32 schrieb Maurice George:

> I find most things in Scribus fairly intuitive. But I just can't work
> out how to set clipping paths in either Scribus (1.2.1-1) or the Gimp
> (2.2.6-1).*
>
> At the moment I'm using Story Editor to manually force the text to
> leave
> an empty space for the graphic. But there must be a better way (!) (?)
>
> *Yes, I have read the manual. And yes, I realise that there are more
> recent versions but this is what Xandros provides.

I'm not sure, but you want to flow the text around a graphic like
a ball oder triangle?
I'm too busy to write it up, so two screenshots should be helpful,
even if
in German:
http://tomk32.de/scribus/shapes/preferences_panel.jpg
http://tomk32.de/scribus/shapes/shape_editor.jpg

> P.S. How *do* you pronounce 'Scribus' ?
>
> 	Is it Scrybus ? Or Screebus ? Or Scribbus ?
>
> P.P.S. It's a fascinating program however it's pronounced ...

like the Latin word scribus of course.
http://tomk32.de/scribus/scribus.ogg

ciao, tom

--