[Scribus] Text Wrapping Around Transparent Objects

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Dec 16 21:36:43 CET 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 18:09, kenquad (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Frequently in my layouts (one-page advertisements) I need to wrap text
> around an irregular object such as a car.  I take a picture of the car,
> then eliminate the background using a GIMP path and export the finished
> product as a transparent PNG.  Scribus recognizes the transparency in my
> file and will let me select new background colors--a nice feature--but text
> will not automatically wrap around the outline of my object .  I know
> there's a workaround solution for this involving invisible polygons, but
> does anyone know how it can be done automatically?  (I'm using the
> make-it-work Win2000 port as of now; perhaps this is why the feature is not
> available).  At any rate, I'd like to know how other people have dealt with
> this.  I think it's a common need in DTP.

Either you edit the frame, use the frame's contour line and edit it, or, you
can use paths in TIFFs or PSDs in 1.3.xcvs.

I've been doing *exactly* what you talk about for over 2 years now with car
images (since Scribus 1.1.1), although less automated than is now possible in
1.3.x.

Craig