[Scribus] Error with make - CVS

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Thu Dec 15 10:15:19 CET 2005

Hi,

In September, I got the cvs version, everything ok.

Now I wanted to get the latest version, and when doing "make" I got this
error. Make stopped, but I thought it might run anyway, so I started
"make install". After a while this stopped too, saying again:

docitemattrprefs.cpp:20:35: ./docitemattrprefs.ui.h: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
make[2]: *** [docitemattrprefs.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/raid/home/tester/Scribus3cvs/Scribus/scribus'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/raid/home/tester/Scribus3cvs/Scribus/scribus'
make: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1

When I start the binary, "Help About" says it's still the September version.

Obviously, make didn't make it to the end. I never had another project
compile from CVS, so my knowledge about handling this is confined to the
Scribus docs. What I did is, I jumped into the Scribus-cvs directory I
made in September and started cvs from there, hoping it would just
update the monster. Seemingly it did - saying "updated" or "removed" and
stuff... :-)

So, what did I do wrong?

Rolf