[Scribus] Managing page break in OpenOffice documents

PLinnell mrdocs
Fri Dec 9 12:39:07 CET 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 12:20, Fabien Z wrote:
> <head>
> http-equiv="Content-Type"> <title></title>
> </head>
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:02:33AM +0100, Fabien Z wrote:<br>
>  style="font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 12px;"
> lang="x-western"> <blockquote type="cite">
> question is : is there a way to tell Scribus that a page break in
> as a jump in the next linked text frame? </pre>
>   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> If it doesn't do it already, then most likely it's not supported at
> present. However, Scribus does support column breaks (at least in
> 1.3.x), and though I don't think it does page breaks yet the two
> are equivalent if you have only one single-column frame in the
> linked series per page.
>
> Extending the OpenOffice.org Writer importer to suppport reading in
> page breaks probably wouldn't be too hard, nor creating them in
> Scribus as part of the import process. I say "probably" because I
> haven't investigated either, it's an impression only.

> Craig Ringer
> Ok, if I understand your point, the import process is related to
> the GetText method ?<br>
> Besides, I have downloaded Scribus source files and I began looking
> at them (just to see how Scribus is inside as I understand C++) and
> I was just wondering if there is some developper doc somewhere. I
> just found something about GetText and plugins but nothing to
> explain the architecture of the code for example.<br>
> And anyway, it seem that working on OpenOffice macros and Scribus
> scripts will fit my needs. I am investingating this side of the
> problem rigth now.<br>
> Thank you,<br>
> Fabien<br>

Hi,

You can get the doxygen docs here:
http://scribus.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/

Not a lot of other documentation is available at the moment except for
the plugins and get text.

Large parts of the code are getting re-written/re-factored in 1.3.x
cvs. The best way to find something out is to join IRC and ask.

Cheers,

Peter