[Scribus] Adding Text Frame to Master Page

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Dec 7 02:06:24 CET 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 01:46, John wrote:
> > Make sure your template is applied across all pages. If you are using
> > current
> > CVS, please check File->Document Setup, Sections to make sure the page
> > numbering system is covering all your document's pages, and finally, that
> > you
> > have put in the correct number of page number characters (NOT just a
> > plain #)
> > to cover all your page numbers' widths)
>
> For purposes of testing, I only used 1 #, since I figured I wouldn't run
> into trouble until page 10.
>
> Turned out, it was that Sections feature.  I (blindly) took out the x in
> the checkbox, and then my only page went away, and I put it back, and ALL
> the pages appeared.  I sort of see how "sections" works, and this is a
> POWERFUL feature, covering TOC numbers, etc.  But in all my searching for
> "page number", I never saw it mentioned.  Is there someplace I can read
> about "sections"?

Current CVS has a large tooltip for that area.. but no, no docs yet, :)

Basically you tell it what type of numbering (a,b,c, 1,2,3 etc) for the page
_index_ range, whether to show it at all, and what number to start counting
from.

Craig