[Scribus] To manage or not to manage or color management part .

alberto gyasi alberto.gyasi
Tue Dec 6 20:19:13 CET 2005

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Louis Desjardins [mailto:louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 19:25
An: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Betreff: Re: [Scribus] To manage or not to manage or color management
part .

alberto gyasi a ?crit :

[...]

> The other question is: The print shop uses a Xerox Docutech 5252, that I
> think is capable of converting RGB colors to CYMK perfectly.

Hi Alberto,

I can confirm this. However, it can depend on what is attached to the
Docutech. The printer itself is only printer. There are various RIPs
that can be connected to this machine. For instance, we have here a CREO
Spire CXP5000 attached to a Docutech 5252. We can accept both RGB and
CMYK files.

> So my question
> is: Would I get a good result just leaving the output intend at
Monitor/web
> and let the Xerox machine do the rest or would the output be inferior the
> successfully Color managed PDF.

I can offer to output one page of each settings (that is, 2 pages), as a
test. You can send me your PDF off list. At least we?ll know it that
makes a difference. If the devels want me to try something else, then
don't hesitate to write.

I hope that helps.

Louis

> Thanks in Advance, Alberto

Louis Desjardins
Mardigrafe inc.
T 514 934 1353
F 514 934 3698
http://www.mardigrafe.com

Thanks, Louis, for the proposal, but I wont need it, because they allow me
to do some  test prints for free. But maybe you can help me to understand.
Why it worked the first time and the secon time I had such a bad outcome.
Greettings, Alberto