[Scribus] scribus + bash

Andreas Vox avox
Fri Dec 2 17:01:07 CET 2005

Marcin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to execute scribus in text mode in BASH environment. I
> don't want GUI. I would like to put the values from my database (ie:
> by command line) and force scribus to put this value into earlier
> prepared boxes in template which will automatically printed.
> I need it to print pretty looking invoices.
>
> Maybe is another project which can do that more simply?

As others have told you Scribus can't do that (yet).

You might want to check out the following project:

	http://acroformtool.sourceforge.net/man.html

I haven't tried any of this, so I might be utterly wrong, but the way I
see it you could create a PDF with text fields from Scribus and then
use acroformtool to fill in the detais. YMMV

/Andreas