[Scribus] scribus + bash

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska
Fri Dec 2 13:30:58 CET 2005

On 12/2/05, Marcin Kuk <marcin.kuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to execute scribus in text mode in BASH environment. I
> don't want GUI. I would like to put the values from my database (ie:
> by command line) and force scribus to put this value into earlier
> prepared boxes in template which will automatically printed.
> I need it to print pretty looking invoices.

I don't know if there's an existing tool which does this, but it would
be reasonably easy to make one - Scribus saves its files as XML, so
you can make a Scribus document with placeholder text in various boxes
(like text01, text02...), and then do a search-and-replace using the
values from the database and save the results to individual files.
One could make a python script that does this, or probably even a bash
script (although that may get clumsy).

It's an interesting project, so I may volunteer if nobody else has
done it / is working on it. :)

--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"Curiously deep, the slumber of crimson thoughts: