[Scribus] HELP!! Scribus 1.3 "can't write the PDF file"

Robert R. Di Giorgio bobdi
Wed Aug 31 07:14:56 CEST 2005

>>Message: 1
>>Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:06:26 -0700
>>From: "Robert R. Di Giorgio" <bobdi at mindspring.com>
>>Subject: [Scribus] HELP!! Scribus 1.3 "can't write the PDF file"
>>
>>I have September's issue done, 825.5 KB, all fonts embedded, preflight
>>verifier says "No problems found", but when I click on Save in the PDF
>>window, I get an immediate message from Scribus that it "cannot write
>>the file".  The hourglass continues to turn, so I gave it time to see if
>>it was writing the file anyway, but it didn't finish in an hour and I
>>gave up.
>>
>>I checked to make sure there wasn't another file of the same name in the
>>folder. I made sure all the fonts that are in the document were
>>embedded, I have plenty of memory and hard drive space.
>>
>>How can I get this file to print to PDF? I'm up against a deadline.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>>------------------------------
>>
>>Message: 2
>>Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:42:16 +0200
>>From: Thomas Koll <tomk32 at gmx.de>
>>Subject: Re: [Scribus] HELP!! Scribus 1.3 "can't write the PDF file"
>>To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>>

>>How about the access rights to the directory? try a different one,
>>preferably in your home directory.
>>
>>ciao, tom
>>
>>--
>>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32
>>http://www.tomk32.de
>>

>Good thought, but the target was in my home directory, and I also tried
>saving the file as root.
>Thanks anyway. Bob
>I didn't mention: my OS is FC4.

I'm still stuck on this same problem. If I can't Scribus to write the
PDF file, I'll have no choice but to find a more reliable DP
application, even if I have to go back to Windows stuff. I was really
hoping Scribus and Linux would work for me.

Can anyone help?

Bob Di Giorgio
bobdi at mindspring.com