[Scribus] ANNOUNCE String Freeze Scribus 1.2.3

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Aug 30 09:55:04 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Tuesday 30 August 2005 01:38, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > We've now frozen all strings in the code and translators are
> > urged to update to the latest cvs of 1.2.3 or you can use the
> > 1.2.2 snapshots available here:
> >
> > http://www.scribus.org.uk/downloads/snaps/scribus-1.2.2.99.tar.bz
> >2
> >
> > gpg signature:
> >
> > http://www.scribus.org.uk/downloads/snaps/scribus-1.2.2.99.tar.bz
> >2.sig
>
> is this really the latest snapshot? I am asking, because the cvs
> snapshots both of 1.2.3cvs (7 August) and 1.3.1cvs (23 August) on
> the scribus site seem to be a bit out of date. Or is it only the
> date in the title that has not been adjusted?

Fixed.

> Moreover, is it possible to have a regular updates for snapshots
> (say, every two days)? The reason I ask is that while I can compile
> cvs snapshots, I don't succeed with versions directly taken out of
> cvs (probably due to the fact that I have to use Windoze for
> Internet at the moment and related problems with Unix/DOS text
> files).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christoph

I only do snapshots of 1.2.x when there are fixes or something
worthwhile is updated.

With 1.3.x, it is only done when: a. I know current CVS is buildable
usually anyways) b.  when I have had some time to test new code or
fixes. c. I know there is nothing obviously broken. d. There are new
features which where the code is complete.

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days for a feature to be fully working like
spot colors or now the optional cairo rendering bits.

I also do some minor QA and gpg sign them in all cases.

I'd rather see this than automatically built tarball which might not
be usable at all.

Hope that makes clear the why's and how's.

Cheers,
Peter