[Scribus] ANNOUNCE String Freeze Scribus 1.2.3

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Aug 30 00:51:58 CEST 2005

Hi all,

A stable 1.2.3 is on the way.

We've now frozen all strings in the code and translators are urged to
update to the latest cvs of 1.2.3 or you can use the 1.2.2 snapshots
available here:

http://www.scribus.org.uk/downloads/snaps/scribus-1.2.2.99.tar.bz2

gpg signature:

http://www.scribus.org.uk/downloads/snaps/scribus-1.2.2.99.tar.bz2.sig

For those non-translators, any help with bug reporting would be
helpful.

Our focus at the moment is not adding new features to 1.2.3,
but making it as stable, correct and bug-free as possible. We plan to
continue to maintain 1.2.x branch. This release also features lots of
documentation updates and additions.

While 1.3 has nice new goodies, it is not stable enough nor is the
file format finalized for production work.

Expected release date: Sometime around 12 September.

Cheers,
Peter