[Scribus] Scribus and Inkscape

Redefined Horizons redefined.horizons
Mon Aug 29 21:33:25 CEST 2005

I just got started with Scribus, and I really like what I see. This is a
great program that fills a void in the open source graphics world!
 I had a problem using Scribus with Inkscape. I had designed a page
bacground in Inkscape, and I wanted to import it into Scribus. I set both
programs up to work with letter size paper, and to use units in inches or
fractional parts of inches.
 First I tried to import my graphics as an SVG file exported from Inkscape.
However, certian elements of the graphic didn't appear in Scribus, or were
in the wrong position in relation to the other elements.
 I then exported the graphic from Inkscape as an image file. However, when I
imported the image file into Scribus, it was larger than the letter size
page. Although I could adjust the size of the image frame in Scribus, the
image itself remained the same size.
 This leads me to as 3 questions:
 [1] Is there a way to scale an image in Scribus, so that the actual image,
and not just the image frame is resized?
 [2] Is there a way to determine the number of pixels that Scribus assigns
to an inch, so I can scale the image in GIMP to the correct size, and then
import the image into Scribus?
 [3] What is the status of SVG support in Scribus? Should I file a bug
report describing my problems importing the SVG file from Inkscape, or is
this feature still in the alpha stage?
 Thanks,
 Scott Huey