[Scribus] Re: Flattening Layers / Selecting Across Layers

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Aug 25 22:47:43 CEST 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 22:37, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On 8/25/05, Bill Chiarchiaro <wjc at cleartech.com> wrote:
> > I have a document with items in multiple layers.  I would like to
> > conveniently duplicate all of these items.  Is there a way to flatten
> > layers (similar to gimp) or is there a way to simultaneously select
> > items that are in more than one layer?
>
> I was wondering about the same convenience a couple of days back when
> I was using layers in a document.
>
> Another feature that I would very much like to have is a mechanism to
> perform an operations, such as increasing/decreasing the kerning, on
> all of the _selected_ frames at the same time.  Other examples would
> be increasing the font size, changing fonts to a single font, changing
> paragraph style to a common style, etc.

This is just a matter of adding the code based on the currently selected
frames (currently only one layer). This should be possible once more more
code is cleaned in various places. What isn't changeable by selecting
multiple frames at once should be listed in *one* bug. Please submit one and
I'll get it assigned to me.

Craig