[Scribus] Manual draft for scribus 1.4 on the Wiki

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Aug 23 19:09:41 CEST 2005

Louis Desjardins wrote:

> For the last couple of months, it seems to me we didn't get as much
> questions on this list on how to do this or that in terms of "DTP" as
> we got on installation issues, discussions at a larger level on
> various and related subjects, including platform issues, as well as
> CMYK/RGB and PDFs issues. Some of this stuff not being "Scribus
> exclusive" ;)

I think you're right, Louis. I think it argues for there being little
need for another comprehensive documentation.  But I think we can expect
these focused issues to continue about PDF, CMYK, and some of the
feedback that printers give users of Scribus.  And all the same, I think
it's important to be on the lookout for the Scribus newbie questions as
indicators of what isn't so obvious in the GUI, or in the manual.  These
will tell us where to put the effort for Wiki material, even if it just
points to other, more complete locations of information.

After a while it gets hard to remember what you didn't used to know.

Greg