[Scribus] Manual draft for scribus 1.4 on the Wiki

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Aug 22 01:57:22 CEST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 01:33, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just added a draft for a yet-to-come scribus manual. At the moment it
> only contains the outline, and I would suggest, that no text be
> contributed until the outline has found its final form.
>
> The idea behind it is that the documentation can keep up with the
> development speed of 1.3x, since 1.4 will be a major leap forward, and
> older tutorials probably lose much of their value. With the release of
> 1.4 a manual would be available that can be integrated into the help
> browser or be translated. After having done the layout in scribus, it
> would even be possible to print an "official" manual.
>
> You may notice that there's no need to write each chapter from scratch.
> Much of the necessary content can be copied from the docs (if the
> authors agree) or other Wiki articles.

Hi,

This is something that cannot be done. The license for the docs included with
Scribus, and on docs.scribus.net (same content) includes the clause which
makes this not possible, which enables us to take it to print (which Peter
and I are in the process of working towards). We have clearly stated that the
official documentation and wiki are entirely separate entities. Any content
the official team puts up on the documentation website is not to be copied
into the wiki.

I'm sure Peter will elaborate more on this, but I want to get this reply off
ASAP before someone decides to start copying content over.

thanks
Craig