[Scribus] Manual draft for scribus 1.4 on the Wiki

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Aug 22 01:33:47 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I just added a draft for a yet-to-come scribus manual. At the moment it
only contains the outline, and I would suggest, that no text be
contributed until the outline has found its final form.

The idea behind it is that the documentation can keep up with the
development speed of 1.3x, since 1.4 will be a major leap forward, and
older tutorials probably lose much of their value. With the release of
1.4 a manual would be available that can be integrated into the help
browser or be translated. After having done the layout in scribus, it
would even be possible to print an "official" manual.

You may notice that there's no need to write each chapter from scratch.
Much of the necessary content can be copied from the docs (if the
authors agree) or other Wiki articles.

Those of you interested in contributing, please have a look at the
outline. Change it or enhance it, but, again, please don't contribute
any text (other than headlines, of course) yet.

I suggest using either the Wiki discussion tab or the list to decide if
the outline has matured enough to add content.

Cheers,

Christoph