[Scribus] Continuing problems building cvs versions

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Aug 18 07:10:15 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 03:21 +0200, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my problems in building cvs versions of scribus continue. I still get
> the same output:
>
> christoph at linux:~/Scribus> make -f Makefile.cvs
> : command not founde 8:
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token `
> '/admin/cvs.sh: line 9: `call_and_fix_autoconf()

I just don't understand what's going on there.

What is your default shell? It shouldn't matter, since cvs.sh should be
run with `sh' no matter what, but it's still worth checking.

Also, what's your `locale' setting? Again, it shouldn't matter, but you
never know.

> I am running SuSE 9.3

This distro seems to be popping up rather a lot in bug reports with
bizarre behaviour :S

> The strange thing is, building the the cvs snapshots from scribus.org.uk
> is a breeze, but trying to build anything directly updated from cvs
> always results in the above message, both for the 1.2 series and the
> 1.3.1 version.

That's really odd. I don't recall if the snapshots have Makefile.cvs .
If so, do you run it?

--
Craig Ringer