[Scribus] Scribus and Mac - still cannot launch

Andreas Vox vox
Fri Aug 12 14:27:42 CEST 2005

Elaine wrote:
> Good morning again ... I've read with interest the comments and
> explanations.
>
> I've moved the frameworks back into the root directory (? - it's this
> one: name of drive then Library). Re-started, and still Scribus doesn't
> launch.

I really need to see the output of "ls -l /Library/Frameworks" when you
enter this in Terminal (this application is in /Applications/Utilities)

>  I've got this message from the console:
>
> "dyld: /Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus can't open
> library:@executable_path/..Frameworks/libjpeg.framework/Versions/A/
> libjpeg
> (No such file or directory, errno = 2)"

Which means that Scribus can not find libjpeg.framework.

> Plus another suggesting Scribus crashed. The message is: "localhost
> crashdump: Unable to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid: 275 name:
> Scribus".

You can ignore this (some follow-up error)

> Also I downloaded some other files called linktools and
> patchstate-2005-07-02: what (if anything) do I do with these?

Nothing. It's only for people who want to know how I compiled
Scribus/Aqua.

>  There's also a Ghostscript framework which I copied and pasted into
> the /Library/Frameworks.

Good.

> Within the Scribus frameworks folder is one called libjpeg - the one
> the app reckons it cannot find. I can find it not that it helps.

This also must be placed into /Library/Frameworks.

> I still want to try Scribus for OS X but don't know how to make that
> happen.
>
> Could anyone suggest how I could encourage Scribus to actually open for
> me?

I told you everything I can, until I get more information from your
side.

> Thanks :-)))

No worries :-)

/Andreas