[Scribus] Scribus and Mac - still cannot launch

Elaine coolowl coolowl
Fri Aug 12 08:36:21 CEST 2005

Good morning again ... I've read with interest the comments and
explanations.

I've moved the frameworks back into the root directory (? - it's this
one: name of drive then Library). Re-started, and still Scribus doesn't
launch. I've got this message from the console:

"dyld: /Applications/Scribus.app/Contents/MacOS/Scribus can't open
library:@executable_path/..Frameworks/libjpeg.framework/Versions/A/libjpeg
(No such file or directory, errno = 2)"

Plus another suggesting Scribus crashed. The message is: "localhost
crashdump: Unable to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid: 275 name:
Scribus".

Also I downloaded some other files called linktools and
patchstate-2005-07-02: what (if anything) do I do with these?

 There's also a Ghostscript framework which I copied and pasted into
the /Library/Frameworks.

Within the Scribus frameworks folder is one called libjpeg - the one
the app reckons it cannot find. I can find it not that it helps.

I still want to try Scribus for OS X but don't know how to make that
happen.

Could anyone suggest how I could encourage Scribus to actually open for
me?

Thanks :-)))

Elaine in Brisbane