[Scribus] CMYK question

Ranjan Ghosh ghosh
Wed Aug 10 16:11:43 CEST 2005

Perhaps (I'm not quite sure) you can try to print to a postscript file
from word and then use sth. like:

 ps2pdf dProcessColorModel=/DeviceCMYK myfile.ps

Especially, I'm not sure if this works if your ps file contains RGB
pixel images. In this case, most probably you cant use Open Source
tools but have to convert the file using professional tools
like Enfocus PitStop which are quite expensive.
Most probably you are better off recreating the stuff with Scribus.
Scribus of course exports CMYK. Dont know if it autoconverts pixel
images form RGB to CMYK though (perhaps others on this list can help).
If it doesnt you can use an open-source tool called ImageMagick
(if you use Linux you've probably already have it installed).
Use it like:

convert -colorspace CMYK rgb.jpg cmyk.jpg

Hope this helps.