[Scribus] CMYK question

Deb and Peter Zweck debandpete
Wed Aug 10 16:03:15 CEST 2005

Hi All,

Please excuse me not researching this question myself, but I'm not quite
sure how to google for this.

My childrens' school wants to put a colour advertisement in a local
newspaper and has created it in a <shudder> Word document. However the
newspaper is wanting CMYK and the school is asking me for help. Can
anybody think of a way, preferably with open source tools, to convert a
colour RGB Word document into a CMYK pdf ( or ps, or eps, or anything else)?

Failing this, if I were to re-create the advertisement in Scribus 1.3.0
(14th July build), can I export it in a format with CMYK? Or could
Inkscape do it?

Thanks,
Peter