[Scribus] Translation/language question: Standard English vs. American English

Tom Hicks tom
Sat Aug 6 15:44:38 CEST 2005

In message <42F25464.8060300 at iglou.com>
          Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> Craig Ringer wrote:
>

>>In fact, only one (Peter) is even from the US. He saw sense and moved to
>>France :-P
>>Both Craigs are from Australia, Paul is from the UK, and everyone else
>>is from European countries with different native languages.
>>

> On the other hand, typically software is made to satisfy the users,
> maybe even more than the developers.
>
>>The only thing worse than having to misspell colour and grey is to have
>>to remember that you have to spell them correctly in UI strings, and
>>misspell them when talking to C/C++ API. Don't even get me started on
>>API documentation.
>>

> Actually, I don't think Americans care much about spelling.  It might
> just was well be 'culler': Q: "Wut culler is dat bannaner?" A:
> "Yeller"
that only works for the dialects that say it like "yeller". personaly,
ive never herd it pronounced like that in the UK at least, and i
certainly say th OW on he end of yellow... still, your example reminds
me a bit of my spelling on bad days...
tomh