[Scribus] Re: Scribus Digest, Vol 30, Issue 8

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Fri Aug 5 19:37:01 CEST 2005

* Maurice George <mauriceg at mauriceg.demon.co.uk> [2005-08-05 08:44:19 +0100]:

> P.S. You might wonder why I'm not using the most recent version of
> Scribus. The reason is that I'm using Xandros Linux, which doesn't
> supply the latest version. And, as a Linux beginner, I'm not quite
> confident enough to install the program manually.

Maurice,

Since Xandros is Debian based I would advise you to try the building from a
source package procedure outlined in
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux. If you run into
problems I can attempt to help you solve them. If it works well you will have
easy access to the latest 1.2.2.x cvs and 1.3.x cvs packages along with
scribus-doc (docs for 1.2 series), scribus-template (sample templates), and
scribus-icc (sample ICC profiles).

Regards,

Alex