[Scribus] Unable to print Scribus documents

Maurice George mauriceg
Thu Aug 4 11:02:02 CEST 2005

I'm using Scribus 1.2.1 under Xandros Linux De Luxe version 3; printer :
HP Laserjet 2100 using the pxlmono driver as recommended by the Linux
printing website.

When I click 'print' in Scribus, nothing happens. No error messages, no
printing icon, nothing.

Documents in other programs print without difficulty.

I'd be most grateful for any suggestions.

As a temporary fix, I'm exporting the Scribus document as a PDF and then
printing from Acrobat Reader. This creates problems with incorrect fonts
- but that's another story.

Apart from this problem, I'm most impressed by Scribus. It took me some
time to adapt after using PageMaker for x years but I'm determined to
wean myself away from Microsoft.

Maurice George