[Scribus] Scribus1.3.0 -- paragraph styles in incoming text

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Wed Aug 3 22:32:56 CEST 2005

> Well, there are some drawbacks to using LaTeX in that submitted text
> will need to be re-formatted (quite a lot If not mistaken) and the fact
> that the only LaTeX GUI I know of is LyX and though I find it very
> useful for writing Tech Report/Journals etc, I don't think It's nearly
> as good to be used entirely as a DTP.

The absolutely biggest problem with using LaTeX is that it is almost impossible (without A LOT of work) to create your own design. I love the way LaTeX (and LyX) handle text and markup, but I really hate when there is some part of the chosen style that I want to change... because I know it's way over my head to try to do it.

If someone would write a graphical tool to create LaTex styles...

/Peter